Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
1. What is this policy about?
This policy explains the key measures we have taken to implement the requirements of the Privacy Act 1998, which implements the National Privacy Principles. It aims to answer the questions you might have about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you have any further questions about Healthglo’s privacy practices, please contact our Manager at email@example.com.
2. What information have you collected about me?
We hold information that you have provided to us about yourself, and information about your use of our services such as membership information and information about your use of our clubs. The information that we collect will depend on how you use the services offered by Healthglo Fitness and Leisure. Information that you might have provided to us includes:
• information provided in applying for Healthglo club memberships – for example, your contact details and credit card details;
• information provided as part of your use of the Healthglo club – for example, the frequency with which and the times at which you use a Healthglo club;
• information provided as part of your use of the Healthglo web site – for example, the email address you provide to participate in specific promotions and offers; and
• information relating to your health – for example, the existence and nature of a medical condition disclosed to us in completing our pre-exercise questionnaire.
3. What do you do with this information?
We collect information about you to provide you with membership or guest visits to a Healthglo club, and to offer you other Healthglo products and services. We may also use personal information for related purposes such as:
• maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
• helping us to identify and inform you about other Healthglo products or services that are likely to be of interest to you;
• internal accounting and administration for reporting purposes;
• protecting you and Healthglo from error and fraud;
• preventing a serious credit infringement;
• improving the web site; and
• developing a better understanding of our customers’ needs.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
4. Are there any other times when you use my information for any other purpose or give this information to someone else?
Healthglo Fitness and Leisure recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information. Other than disclosure to service providers (explained below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to various Government departments or to courts), our policy is that we do not generally give your personal information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your personal information with certain third parties, such as: providers of the electronic systems we use to collect and store your personal information; banks and financial institutions you use to make payments to us; and other service providers we use to help us run aspects of our business efficiently. Occasionally Healthglo Fitness and Leisure might also use your personal information for other purposes or share your information with another organisation because:
• we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
• we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Healthglo member or guest, or any member of the public;
• we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements – for example, we may share information with other, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units;
• we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Healthglo – for example, disclosure to a court in the event of legal action to which Healthglo is a party; or
• the assets and operations of the business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
5. Do I have to receive marketing information from Healthglo Fitness and Leisure?
Healthglo Fitness and Leisure wants to keep you up to date with our special offers, products and services, unless you’ve specifically asked us not to. Please note that once you’ve signed up to receive a Healthglo membership or other service, you can choose not to receive marketing information from us by contacting the Healthglo team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How can I access the information you keep about me?
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request a copy of your customer record by contacting Healthglo on email@example.com. We aim to respond to most requests within 14 days, or if the request is more detailed, within 30 days. Healthglo may recover from you its reasonable cost of supplying you with this information.
8. How do I change or delete the information that you have about me?
9. Is the information Healthglo has about me secure?
Healthglo endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. We store this information on secure servers that are protected in access-controlled facilities. Only authorised users can access your personal information, and access is only for approved purposes. We train our staff and require our data operators to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your information. Unfortunately, we can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure. For example, no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. While we do out best, we can’t be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
10. What happens to my information if I enter it on a different web site linked to the Healthglo site?
11. Do you have information on people other than customers?
Most of the personal information that Healthglo collects relates to our members and guests. But we may also keep information about people who provide information via the web site, such as by entering competitions, or applying for Healthglo membership. This policy applies to those people as well. We also hold personal information on contractors and employees, which are covered by separate policies.
12. What if ownership of the Healthglo business changes?
In the unlikely event that ownership of part or all of the Healthglo business changes, your personal information will be transferred to the new owner of the business.
13. What to do if you have a problem, question or complaint?
14. Future changes
last update 1 May 2021