We may change these Rules occasionally. When this happens, we’ll let you know in advance by placing a notice on Club display boards and by updating our website (www.healthglo.com.au).
Before you begin
Be kind to yourself. Talk to your doctor before starting a new fitness program or using our Club facilities.
- All Members, Guests and Casual Users must fill in a Pre-exercise Questionnaire before using Club facilities.
a. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma ,diabetes or if you are pregnant, you should consult your doctor prior to using our Club facilities.
b. Based on the answers provided from the Pre-Exercise Questionnaire, you may be suggested to consult doctor before proceeding.
Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available depending on the Membership Type chosen.
We offer different types of membership packages and facilities to accommodate the differing needs of our members.
We offer from time to time special membership packages. These offers are for the specified promotions only and are not available at any other time.
- Every time you enter our Club please swipe your Membership Card at Reception for security and verification on each visit.
- No-one else may use your Card.
- If your Card is lost or stolen, you’ll need to organise a new one and pay the replacement fee.
- If your Membership fees aren’t up to date, or your Membership is suspended, expired, cancelled or terminated, Club access will be denied.
- On expiration, cancellation or termination of Membership, please return your Membership Card to the Club.
- All outstanding amounts owing must be paid prior to your membership being deemed closed.
- Members that have their membership terminated will not be permitted to revisit or re-join the Club.
- Junior Members must follow these Club Rules.
- The Club reserves the right to eject any person found to be behaving in an unacceptable behaviour.
- Age restrictions may apply to our Toddler/Junior Membership categories, and to the use of certain areas and activities in the Club, specifically.
a. Toddlers are 0 – 2 years old.
b. Juniors are 3 to 14 years old.
c. Youths are 15 to 17 years old.
d. Adults are 18+ years old.
e. Juniors and Toddlers must always be supervised by an adult or a legal guardian.
f. Juniors under the age of 10 years must be directly supervised whilst in the poolroom.
g. Juniors under the age of 14 years are not permitted in the gymnasium or cardio studio without direct Adult supervision.
- A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to the Club and be required to pay the visitor fee as set out in the Club price list current at the time of visit and at all times must complete a Pre-Exercise Questionnaire.
- Casual users are entitled to only use the facilities that they have paid for.
- Adult Members may bring adult guests to our Club by paying the guest fee set out in the current Club price list and outlined in your Membership Agreement.
- Casual users and Guests must follow these Club Rules.
- Guests are at all times, responsible for their behaviour and must make sure they follow these Rules.
- Members may not access our Club as a Guest if your Membership is suspended.
- Casual users that have their visit terminated will not be permitted to revisit or join the Club
General Club use
- Opening and closing times are listed on the Club entrance, information hand outs and our website (www.healthglo.com.au).
- You must use the main entrance for entering or leaving the Club.
- You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Club premises and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in the Club. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Club General Manager who may, at his/her discretion require you to leave the Club premises or part of the Club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
- Don’t bring offensive material, alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs into our Clubs.
- No food is permitted into any Active Zones of the club.
- If you bring in food or drink from outside the Club, please ensure that they do not make a mess within the Club.
- All items of waste must be placed inside the bins provided located throughout the Club.
- You may bring guide dogs into our Clubs. No pets are allowed.
- Please shower before visiting if you have been involved in hot or heavy work throughout the day. Nobody appreciates body odour.
- An instructor / staff may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardizing the safety or enjoyment of others.
- Please do not alter or adjust the fans without consent of other members/guests or direction by the Healthglo team.
- Don’t use the Club facilities while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers.
- Don’t smoke inside our Club and within 10 metres of the exterior of the Club.
- You are respectfully requested to leave the pool and gymnasium (if requiring use of the change rooms) 15 minutes before the club is due to close and to leave the Club punctually at closing time.
- Unless we give permission, please don’t take photographs/video or sell any product or service to our Members or Guests.
- You’ll need to pay for any loss or damage caused by you, or others accompanying yourself while in the Club.
- We may provide trial access to our Club for potential Members. These guests will have the same rights as if they are members of the Club.
- Children are not permitted in any of the training zones. Exceptions apply to babies in a capsule or pram.
What to wear
- Appropriate clean exercise gear must be worn at all times in our Club.
For example, t-shirts or singlet’s (no bare chests) and closed footwear must be worn (unless you’re in the change room or pool).
- If you wear or bring to the club offensive clothing or material you will be asked to remove the item or leave the Club.
- If you’re unsure of what to wear, ask a Healthglo team member.
Equipment and on the training floor
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
- Use equipment for its intended purpose. Follow the instructions provided and ask for help if you need it.
- Do not attempt to do exercises you are unfamiliar with or have not been shown how to do by a certified trainer.
- ALL equipment must be put away according to storage requirements. All handles that are not the standard issue for the equipment are to be replaced with the correct handles.
- Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than 5 minutes during busy periods.
- Cardio equipment must be shared fairly during peak periods.
- No food or bags on the training floor.
- Only drinks in plastic bottles containing water or sports drinks are OK to bring onto the training floor.
- A towel must be used on all equipment while you’re on the training floor.
- You must wipe down equipment after use with the cleaning equipment provided.
- Some Group Exercise Classes may need to be pre-booked or may have limited spaces.
- Timetables and instructors may change without notice too. We will post the details on Club display boards, our website and social media.
- In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be barred to anyone arriving more than five (5) minutes late. (Please arrive a few minutes early.)
- If an Instructor feels that a class is overcrowded, he or she may limit the number of attendees.
- Please follow all instructions given by our Class Instructors.
- Members, Guests or casual users are not permitted to perform their own exercises within a group exercise class.
- We reserve the right to limit you to participating in only one exercise class per day.
- Please bring a towel and something to drink.
- Ensure that all equipment used is returned safely and stored in an appropriate manner.
- For health, safety and hygiene reasons you must always obey the instructions of our staff.
- Adults and children must always wear swimming suits whilst babies must wear aqua nappies.
- Be aware that staff may not be present in the poolroom.
- An adult must accompany children into the pool area and must remain there as they remain responsible for the child’s / children’s behaviour and safety.
- Swimming caps are recommended for people with shoulder-length hair or longer.
- Please always shower before entering the swimming pool.
- Please utilise the amenities and encourage children to use prior to using the pool.
- Please do not consume / store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container.
- The Club reserves the right to limit you to thirty minutes in the swimming pool if it is busy.
- You must not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool.
- Wrestling or rough play is not permitted in the pool area.
- No ball, floats or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by the Club or unless approved by a Healthglo team member.
- The swimming pool area may from time to time be reserved for private bookings, parties, group or private swimming lessons, or group exercise activities. Prior notice will be available on the counter and Club website (www.healthglo.com.au).
- Swimming Lanes can be booked or made available, these lanes are for the exclusive use of the group or individual.
Lockers, Change Rooms and your belongings
- Lockers are available to store your gear while using the Club (if they’re not all full). We can’t guarantee that the use of a locker will stop theft or damage to your gear from occurring.
- Lockers may only be used for the usual items – like gym kits, toiletries and the clothes you have on when you arrive at our Club. Don’t keep anything else in your locker. If we have reasonable grounds for suspecting that a locker is being used for something else, we reserve the right to open it and remove any offending items.
- Lockers are available for use only while you’re on the Club’s premises. Any gear left in lockers overnight will be removed. (If it’s not collected in 7 days, we’ll donate it to charity).
- Where available lockers and locker keys remain the property of the Club and must not be taken from the Club.
- Only one person can be in a shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of parents or guardians, who may accompany their own children aged up to 6 years).
- Showers are for rinsing, excessive use will result in the shower being shut off.
- All children up to 10 years must be accompanied by a parent or adult carer when using the change rooms.
- Children under the age of 6 may enter change rooms of the opposite sex. Children over the age of 6 may only enter change rooms of the same sex.
- Only Healthglo employed Fitness Professionals can provide personal training in our clubs. Please don’t bring your own trainer into our Club.
- You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointment. We reserve the right to: refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
- Personal Training appointments are a fee for service arrangement. Failure to attend the appointment will result in a charge placed to you.
- Personal Trainers are not to be engaged whilst training a member or client.
- If you disagree with the Trainer or you are feeling that the exercise is above your ability, your duty of care to yourself is to inform the trainer and/or cease the exercise.
- Only Healthglo employed Swimming Instructors can provide swimming lessons in our club. Please don’t bring your own instructor into our Club.
- You are asked to arrive at the pool five (5) minutes prior to any lesson. We reserve the right to: refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment.
- Swimming Lesson appointments are a fee for service arrangement. Failure to attend the appointment will result in a charge placed to you.
- Swimming Instructors are not to be engaged whilst undertaking a lesson..
- If you disagree with the Instructor or you are feeling that the activity is above your child’s ability, your duty of care to child is to inform the instructor and/or cease the activity.
- Creche services we are provide are of a child minding nature.
- Parents or Guardians are required to complete registration forms for all children before access to Creche is permitted.
- Parents or guardians who leave their children in crèche must also collect them in person. Another person may only collect a child from the crèche when specific arrangements have been made and agreed with the Club’s crèche for the child concerned.
- Infants under 6 months of age are not permitted in crèche.
- Children must not be bought into crèche if suffering or recovering from any infectious illness or condition.
- Parents must ensure that their children are appropriately dressed and have something to eat and drink with them.
- Parents or Guardians should allow adequate time to sign in and settle their children.
- Parents or Guardians will be required to change their child’s nappy or clothing if required.
- Parents or Guardians must inform a member of the Healthglo team if their children have special needs.
- Parents or Guardians must remain onsite at all times while their children are in crèche.
- Aggressive behavior is not tolerated within our crèche. Healthglo staff are not employed to discipline children, only to supervise them.
- A child that behaves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave the crèche.
- If a child behaves in an aggressive manner towards others, at the discretion of management the child can be barred from the Club.
- Parking is only for Members, Guests and Casual Users while using Club facilities.
- If any vehicle appears to be parked without our permission, we’ll make an announcement to Members. If we don’t get a response, any unclaimed vehicles may be clamped, and a fee charged for their release.
- We will not be liable for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles on Club premises or in the Healthglo parking area, except where such loss, theft or damage has arisen from our breach of contract.
- Don’t block or interfere with fire doors or fire exits.
- Do not touch or interfere with our firefighting equipment.
- Please follow any health and safety notices displayed in our Club.
- In an emergency or when an announcement is made, follow the Club staff’s instructions at all times.
- Failure to follow or comply with our Health & Safety Policy is considered a serious breach of your membership agreement and may result in termination of the membership agreement.
- You must read the health & safety notices posted outside/on any equipment or facility in the Club and comply with their recommendations.
Last but not least
- ALL persons who attend the Club (Staff, Members, Guests and Casual Users) must abide by the Club’s Code of Conduct.
- ALL persons who attend the Club (Staff, Members, Guests and Casual Users) must abide by the Club’s Health & Safety Policy.
- ALL persons who attend the Club (Staff, Members, Guests and Casual Users) must abide by the Club’s Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- ALL persons who attend the Club (Staff, Members, Guests and Casual Users) must abide by ALL of the Club’s Terms and Conditions, Club Rules and Operational Policies and Procedures.
- You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the Club and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Club by any other person. In particular you may not use foul, loud or abusive language, nor will you molest or harass other Members, guests, visitors or Members of staff. You may not bring, use or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Club. You may not bring any intoxicating liquor into the Club or be drunk in the Club.
- Members of the Club, their guests and visitors and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the Club’s management, or in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the post addressed to the Club General Manager.
- A Member or Casual User may be asked to remove his/her child from the Club, if, in the opinion of Club management, the child is upset, ill, or is causing problems for Club staff.
- Healthglo may occasionally take photographs/images of the Club and its facilities (including Members). We’ll try our best to get your permission beforehand but this may not always be possible. We reserve the right to use these photographs/images for commercial purposes without payment.
- You must not take any photographs or video in the Club (including by using a camera on a mobile phone or tablet).
- The Club accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items. Items found will be held in the lost property storage for two weeks upon which all items are donated to charity. Enquire at reception for any lost items.
- Club Membership and Casual price lists can be change from time to time.
- We reserve absolute discretion when approving Club Membership applications.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Club Rules, Terms and Conditions of Membership and Operational Policies and Procedures at any time.
- Always respect other Club Members, including Juniors, Guests and our staff. Please use the club in a way that doesn’t disturb, detract or impair anyone’s experience.
- We may terminate your Healthglo Membership (if applicable) and/or may refuse you entry into the club or eject you from the club if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, Terms and Conditions of Membership, Operational Policies and Procedures or you engage in any other serious misconduct.
- ALL PERSONS (Staff, Members, Guests and Casual Users) MUST COMPLY WITH THE DIRECTIVES OF THE MANAGER.
last update 1 May 2021